3.15.2009

Spring Tree

One of my favorite things about spring is watching all the flowering trees bloom. I have a tree in my front yard that flowers and it makes me so happy when it is in full bloom. So, when I saw Shelli's Creative Challenge theme for the month I immediately thought of Season of Friendship. I love this stamp set. It was in the 2008 Holiday Mini and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will appear in the next Stampin' Up! IB&C.

I stamped the tree trunk in Chocolate Chip on Whisper White. I then stamped the Mellow Moss leaves. On a scrap piece of Whisper White I stamped some flowers in Pretty in Pink and Perfect Plum. I then painstakingly cut them all out and adhered them to my tree. I took a strip of Perfect Plum cardstock and punched it with the Scallop Edge Punch. I adhered it behind my Whisper White layer. I then attached it to a piece of Pretty in Pink. I adhered some Chocolate Chip Polytwill Ribbon around it and adhered it to my Mellow Moss card. I then stamped my sentiment from Warm Words in Mellow Moss and punched it out with my 1 1/4" Circle Punch. I then stamped the flower in Pretty in Pink. I layered it on a 1 3/8" Circle and then on a Scallop Circle punched from Chocolate Chip. Lastly I adhered it to my card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

This card is a little more labor intensive than most cards I make, but it was fun! I might have to try to get fancy more often. :o)

0 comments: