3.18.2009

Blue Bird

I absolutely love the images in the Always stamp set, but for some reason I find myself having a hard time coming up with designs with it. I don't know what it is about it that I find so challenging, but I was determined to make a card with it. So, I stamped the bird in Bashful Blue on Whisper White. I then layered it on Basic Black. I stamped the leaf image repeatedly along the bottom of my Mellow Moss card. I then cut a small slit in the side of the card to slip my Basic Black 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon through. I tied it in a knot. I then adhered the bird image to my card with Stampin' Dimensionals. I stamped the "always" stamp in Basic Black on Bashful Blue and punched it with my 1 1/4" Circle Punch. I layered it on a piece of Basic Black that was punched with my 1 3/8" Circle Punch. I adhered it to the bird layer. I was thinking I needed a little more Mellow Moss in the card, so I stamped the small flower in Mellow Moss on a scrap of Whisper White and punched it out with my 3/4" Circle Punch. I then adhered it with Stampin' Dimensionals. And I don't know if you can tell in the photo, but I covered my blue bird with Crystal Effects. All in all I'm pleased with the way this one turned out. I hope you like it, too.

1 comments:

Dawn♥ said...

What a beautiful looking card! Love the stamped image and the lovely colors! :)
♥Dawn♥