3.31.2009

Pumpkin Monkey

I've been so busy preparing for classes and working on contest entries that I haven't been really stamped just for fun in a few days. So, yesterday I decided to work on Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration Challenge. The color combo dictated what stamp set I used and even though Chocolate Chip is in the palate I decided it wasn't the color I wanted to make the monkey. I wanted a Pumpkin Pie monkey!

I stamped the ice cream cone and sock monkey in Jet Black StazOn on Whisper White using a mask. I colored the ice cream cone with my Chocolate Chip marker and So Saffron Classic Ink pad and Blender pen. I then stamped the monkey again on a piece of Always DSP and cut it out. I adhered the body, tail, and head piece to my Whisper White layer. I then layered it on a piece of Chocolate Chip. I took a piece of Pumpkin Pie cardstock and punched it with my Scallop Edge punch. I dotted the scallops with my Signo White Gel Pen and added some Chocolate Chip Polytwill ribbon. I adhered it to a So Saffron card. I added my monkey image on top. I then punched a piece of Pumpkin Pie with my Scallop Square punch. I dotted the scallops with my Signo White Gel Pen. I adhered it to my card with Stampin' Dimensionals. I then stamped my sentiment in Chocolate Chip in So Saffron and punched it with the Small Oval punch. I then punched a piece of Chocolate Chip with my Large Oval punch. I layered my ovals and adhered them to my Scallop Square.

0 comments: