4.24.2009

Happy Day

So, I forgot to take a picture of last night's scrapbook class pages, so instead I'm showing you my niece's birthday card. I started with a piece of Whisper White cardstock and Flight of the Butterfly. I took the solid butterfly image and inked it up with Pretty in Pink. I then took the small flower stamp from the set and swirled it on the butterfly stamp. I then stamped it down on my cardstock. This is the faux shaving cream technique! I then stamped the border image over it with Jet Black StazOn. I also stamped the sentiment in Jet Black StazOn as well. I then sponged the bottom half of the cardstock with Certainly Celery ink and the top with Bashful Blue. I adhered two Bashful Blue Word Windows to the upper right corner and trimmed them down. I adhered black brads from the Vintage brads collection to the Word Windows. I took a piece of Pretty in Pink cardstock and punched one edge with the Scallop border punch and layered a strip of Certainly Celery over it. I adhered it to a Bashful Blue card and then added my butterfly image over it.

The colors of this card match the wrapping paper that I used to wrap my niece's gift. I also stamped a bunch of butterflies on the envelope, too.

0 comments: