4.17.2009

Faith is 5

Woo hoo! I'm catching up! I'm now on 2007 pictures! (OK, so I skipped some 2006 pictures to get here, but who's keeping track, really?). I was excited to scrapbook my neices birthday party pictures, so I skipped ahead. I used the retired Confetti Simply Scrappin' Kit to create these pages. The sketch was inspired by one of Becky Higgins' sketches from her book. Starting on the left I stamped the title with Big Deal Alphabet in Rose Red and Taken with Teal ink on Whisper White. I layered it on a piece of Summer Sun. I then stamped the "5" from Short Order Numbers on Whisper White cardstock with Summer Sun ink and punched it out with my 1" Circle Punch. I layered it on a 1 1/4" Taken with Teal Circle, then a 1 3/8" Rose Red Circle, then on the Old Olive die cut, and then adhered it to the piece of Summer Sun cardstock. The next strip is a piece of DSP from the SSK and the photos were layered on Taken with Teal Photo Mats. On the next strip I layered the picture on a piece of Whisper White cardstock. I also adhered the die cut tag to a piece of Whisper White cardstock and trimmed around it because I didn't want it to be sticky. I then threaded through some Whisper White 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon through it and tied it around my strip. On the 3rd strip of DSP I layered the pictures on Whisper White cardstock. And before adhering it to the page I tied a piece of Old Olive Polytwill Ribbon around it. I then stamped the date in Old Olive on Summer Sun and punched it out with the Word Window punch and layered it on a Large Oval punched from Rose Red. The last strip of DSP has two pictures on it that were layered on Old Olive cardstock. Lastly I cut down some of the sticky strips to 10" and adhered them page. I then punched out a piece of Whisper White with my Scallop Circle Punch and added another of the adhesive die cuts to it and added it to my page. I love how quickly pages go together when using the Simply Scrappin' Kits!

0 comments: