8.01.2008

The Monkey wants to Wish You a Happy Birthday

It's not your birthday? Oh, well. He says happy birthday any way. I'm slowly working on using this monkey for every occasion possible. This time it's a birthday. I stamped the monkey on Whisper White with Jet Black StazOn. I colored him with my Chocolate Chip and Creamy Caramel markers. I stamped the flag in his hand and colored it in with my Summer Sun marker. I then stamped the birthday hat on a scrap piece of Whisper White and colored it with my Summer Sun and Rose Red markers. I cut it out and added it to the monkey's head. I layered the monkey on a piece of Chocolate Chip and set him aside. I added a piece of Rose Red Prints DSP to my Summer Sun card base. I then added a strip of Creamy Caramel and a strip of Whisper White 1/4" grosgrain ribbon. I added my monkey, then 3 brads to my card. I was attempting to follow last week's sketch challenge with this card, but I didn't have my computer in my stamping studio with me and was going by memory. Unfortunately I didn't follow it quite right. I still think he turned out cute.

That's all from me for now. I won't be posting for a while as I'm headed to NYC. Hopefully I'll have something for you at the end of next week. Bye!

3 comments:

Bootybella Designs Inc. said...

Hey! Check my blog... you've been given the Brilliante award by yours truly! It will have instructions on what to do :)

Anonymous said...

Cute card!! :) TFS!

Cassie said...

he's so cute! love the layout and the touch of brads!