6.05.2008

Feeling sketchy?

I had to take shelter in the basement on Tuesday night, thanks to the tornado warnings. Luckily for me I have all the necessities for fun in the basement.....my stamps! So I dug out my file of sketches that I had made to use as inspiration.

I also dug into my much unloved Bold Brights to start off with. I decided on Orchid Opulence as I thought it would be a great color for a butterfly. I had to head over to the color combos website to help out with the rest. So, I took my Orchid Opulence base and rolled along the bottom with my Whimsy Jumbo wheel in Orchid Opulence. I added a strip of Certainly Celery across the middle and added a piece of Whisper White 1/4" grosgrain ribbon. I stamped my flowers in Pink Passion and Certainly Celery on Whisper White and my butterfly in Orchid Opulence. I adhered the Whisper White piece to a piece of Pink Passion cardstock and mounted it on my card base with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I think it's kind of funny how spring-y this card turned out considering how nasty the weather was. Be on the lookout for what I made on Wednesday when I was in the basement hiding from the storm, too.

Oh, and if you want to give this sketch a try post a link back to your creation. I'd love to check it out.

1 comments:

Cassie said...

very cute! Perhaps I'll have time to give it a try!