11.26.2007

Surf's Up 4-ever

I had a little time to scrapbook today. I should've been cleaning. I'm waiting for a big SU! order to arrive on Thursday which holds a bunch of stuff for my San Diego scrapbook, so I wasn't sure if I could get a page done. I was looking through my pictures from the trip and found these two. I knew I could complete this page without all my fun new toys as this page is about the pictures. This page is dedicated to my late brother-in-law, Josh. I wanted it to be simple and to focus on the moment.

I mounted the pictures on a piece of Night of Navy, slightly off-center. I added a piece of So Saffron that had been stamped with Sanded in So Saffron underneath. I added a piece of HPH and tied some hemp twine to it and wrapped it under the side of the page. I then stamped my title using Short Order Alphabet and Numbers with Night of Navy on my Really Rust base. I also stamped Josh under the hemp twine with Versamark as well as RIP in the bottom corner of the Night of Navy piece using Rough Edges Alphabet. I love how simple the page is and I really love how the colors of the cardstock pick up the colors in the photos from the sunset and the water.




Now, I'm back in scrapbooking mode, which is a good thing, since I'm having a PMS night on Friday. Check out my calendar for the details.

0 comments: