11.15.2007

I'm Back!!!!!

After 6 long days I now have an AC adapter for my computer and I immediately plugged it in. I realized just how much I use (need) my computer. I have documents on my computer that I needed this week and I couldn't get to them. It was so frustrating. I couldn't download any photos. It was Mini VSN (Virtual Stamping Night) on SCS and I couldn't upload. And the worst is that I DVR all my TV shows on my computer so I wasn't able to watch Days of Our Lives all week. Ahhh!!! Well I just wanted to check in and let you know that I was back and that I'll get back to my regular posting. I'll leave you with this.
I spent some time in my stampin' studio this week trying to use stamp sets or colors that I don't normally use. I did this mostly because I ran out of Chocolate Chip cardstock and I realized just how much I rely on that color. So I decided to work outside of my comfort zone. I started with Yo-Yo Yellow. I have had an entire pack of Yo-Yo Yellow for a year without using a piece of it. I thought black polka dots would look great on yellow (remember how I knew it would look great on pink, too?). So I stamped Polka Dot BG in Basic Black on Yo-Yo Yellow and adhered it to my Very Vanilla card base. I stamped my birthday sentiment from Hugs & Wishes in Basic Black on Very Vanilla and adhered that to my Yo-Yo Yellow layer. I stamped my flower from Polka Dots & Petals in Yo-Yo Yellow on Very Vanilla and punched it with my 1 1/4" circle punch. I layered that on a 1 3/8" circle which was layered on a piece of Basic Black that was punch with the Scallop Circle Punch. I added that to my card using dimensionals to pop it up. I then took some silver Stickles and added it to some random polka dots as well as to the center of my flower and on all my scallops. Isn't it pretty for being Yo-Yo Yellow?

0 comments: