11.07.2007

I'm so happy


This card is so appropriate for today. Today I am happy as my sister had a baby today!! I'm an aunt again!!! Mom and baby are doing great!!! I just wish I lived a little closer so I could visit.

Back to the card. I started this card knowing that I really wanted to see what the Polka Dot BG would look like on Pretty in Pink. I love polka dots and I love black and pink, so I thought they'd be a great combination.

I stamped the Pretty in Pink with Basic Black and the Polka Dot BG. I wrapped a piece of Basic Black grosgrain ribbon around the back of that piece (using the ribbon saving technique) and mounted it to the Very Vanilla Base. I stamped the flower from Polka Dots and Paisley on Very Vanilla in Pretty in Pink and Certainly Celery. I added a black brad to the base of the flower. I mounted that on a piece of Certainly Celery that had been punched with the slit punch. To finish off the card I stamped "happy" from Polka Dots and Paisley in Basic Black on the Certainly Celery layer. I'm "happy" with how this turned out and it fits my mood right now.

0 comments: