11.05.2007

Stamped Candle Tutorial

Stamped candles are as hard to make as one might think. It's important to realize that you aren't actually stamping on the candle. Here are a few items you will need to stamp a candle. A candle (duh), tissue paper, wax paper, stamps, ink, and markers. I prefer StazOn and Sharpies when stamping candles as they don't bleed like dye ink can.

So once you've picked your candle and your image, stamp onto a piece of tissue paper with the StazOn.



Next color your image. Here I'm using Sharpies. I'm sure we all stamp on scratch paper , but just a reminder that the ink from the StazOn and Sharpies will go all the way through your tissue paper, so please, no stamping on a permanent surface. I will not be held responsible for ruined tables ;o)
Cut out your image. You don't have to get really close to your image as you will not see the edges of the tissue paper. I usually don't like to leave too much excess, though, as it makes the next two steps easier.

Line up your image on your candle. Make sure it's straight. Then snuggly wrap a piece of wax paper around your calendar. It is best to cut your wax paper a lot larger than the candle so that you can hold the back of it. Because your next step is to heat it and you don't want to burn yourself.

Continue holding the wax paper taught and gently heat your image. You will see the image melt into the candle. Don't heat too long or you will melt your candle. I find it is best to wait a few seconds for your candle to cool before peeling the wax paper off to prevent wrinkling (you can also roll your candle on your table with the wax paper still on and while the candle is still hot to ensure a smooth candle). And there you have it, a stamped candle.




And, the blog candy winner is.........Brenda H. Congrats!!!
Brenda, I don't have your email, so please get in touch and I will send the Magic Mesh and Stampin' Spots your way!

2 comments:

Swamp Tulip said...

Gorgeous candle. Great tutorial too :) TFS

Teresa

Brenda H. said...

Woohoo...can't believe I won!! I'm so excited...'love candy!! Thanks so much for your generosity! I'll email you my addy!
~Brenda H.
(By the way, that's a great stamped candle tutorial!!)