8.26.2007

Slit Punch Scalloped Border Tutorial

The slit punch is a great tool. I love the look of a picture or a stamped image accented with the slit punch. See Gator Wishes from earlier this week to see what I mean. But, the slit punch is also great for making a scalloped border.

First start out with a strip of cardstock. It's best to start out with a strip that is wider than the punch is.




With the underside of the punch facing you, line up the edge of the punch with the edge of the strip of cardstock, as in picture 2. Punch.






You'll be left with what you see in picture 3.









Then line your punch up next to the edge of the first scallop.
See picture 4.
Continue all the way across your strip of cardstock.







You'll end up with a scalloped strip. See picture 5. Use this piece
as an accent on a card or scrapbook page. The scallop looks great as a trim on a picture.





Here's my finished project. I used my scallop piece as a trim on the layers of my stamped image.

Recipe:
Stamps: Season of Joy
Ink: Old Olive, So Saffron
Paper: Old Olive, So Saffron, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Vanilla grosgrain ribbon, Slit punch

2 comments:

Kerilou said...

Thanks for this..someone referred to in on SCS...easier when seen in photographs! Kerilou

liannallama said...

Thanks for the tutorial and I love your card!!!