6.03.2007

Miss me?

Sorry I've been pretty non-existent. I just finished up my last quarter of school, so I will have plenty more time on my hands. I'm also feeling uninspired lately in anticipation of the new catalog on July 1. I've been working on a scrapbook from when some of my family came to visit last fall, but it is in desperate need of some embellishment. I'm holding out until the new catty is released to see what fun new stuff is in there. I did get a chance to work on some SCS challenges on Friday, though. It was 90 degrees outside, so the basement was the only cool place. Good thing all my stamping stuff is down there.

I've done crayon resist before when I was a member of a stamp club. I haven't done it since because I didn't have any crayons, or so I thought. I found some crayons in my old college stash so I was all excited to use them. To do a crayon resist technique stamp your image on glossy card stock (I used StazOn), then take a crayon and accent your stamped image. Wherever you color with crayon will resist the ink. Then ink your card stock. You can use sponges, a brayer, a stipple brush. Then wipe off the crayon and the white will be revealed.

I love the way this first one came out. I think it kind of looks like denim.
Recipe
Stamps: Polka Dots & Paisleys, Warm Words
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, Night of Navy
Cardstock: Glossy White, Night of Navy, Whisper White
Technique: Crayon Resist
Accessories: Black grosgrain ribbon

This is my second crayon resist card. I couldn't stop at just one. I was looking through my retired sets and I thought that this set was perfect for crayon resist.
Recipe
Stamps: Delight in Life, Warm Words
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue
Cardstock: Glossy White, Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, Whisper White
Technique: Crayon Resist, Masking
Accessories: White gingham ribbon, paperclip, Ticket corner punch


Since I'm working on a scrapbook, I'll have some pages to share with you soon. Hopefully in the very near future.

0 comments: