9.10.2008

Whew!

What a week it's been so far. I feel like it's Friday! Really I feel like it's Thursday because I've already worked 3 days this week (I usually don't work on Monday, but I did this week), so it's really thrown me off. I had family in town all weekend (my nephew won two Redline Cups in BMX over the weekend here), I worked an extra day, bowling league started back up, and I had meetings scheduled for Tuesday and today after work. Whew! I also have my monthly scrapbook class this Friday (stay tuned for pictures), a card class on Saturday morning (again, stay tuned for pictures) and a Scrapbook Surprise Party on Saturday afternoon. OK, enough of my boring life!

Here's another birthday card that I made last week for a co-worker. I started with a Bashful Blue card base, added a strip of So Saffron and some Chocolate Chip Polytwill ribbon. I did a little paper piercing underneath my So Saffron strip as well. I stamped my candles from Big Birthday candle in Bashful Blue on Very Vanilla, then stamped the "designs" over them in Close to Cocoa. I cut them out and added them to a piece of Close to Cocoa cardstock. I then inked up the flames in Summer Sun and Ruby Red using the rock'n'roll technique and stamped them on Very Vanilla. I cut them out and added them above my candles. I adhered a strip of Ruby Red along the side that was punched with my Scalloped Edge Punch. I adhered that layer to my card using Stampin' Dimensionals. I then added some Crystal
Effects to the flames and sprinkled on a little Dazzling Diamonds glitter. This one was a lot of fun to make. What can I say really, I always have fun playing with Big Birthday Candle!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH i love this set!! :) Love what you did to the candles!! So cute!! Hope you have a fab weekend friend!!