9.13.2009

Regionals Recap

I had a blast at Stampin' Up! Regionals yesterday! I met some great gals, learned some great techniques, and got to see some fantastic projects! Now, I've never been to convention, but some of the gals who have said to multiply Regionals by 100 and that's how much fun convention is. I don't know if I could handle all that excitement! So, how about I share some pictures!?!?

Let's start out with a picture of me with Stampin' Up!'s CEO and Co-Founder, Shelli Gardner!! She is just the nicest person you will ever meet! And you can tell she loves meeting all the demonstrators at events. She took the time to talk to everyone she could even though she had a busy day.Check out her brooch. She made it with leftover fabric from around her house (her stamp room curtains, her patio furniture pillow) and the Big Shot! She's holding it all together with one of her mother's antique buttons.

The stamp set we got as attendees was Berry Christmas from the Holiday Mini Catalog. I'll show you the projects we made in another post, so for now here's the display board for that stamp set.
Now, how about a sneak peek? Here is a display board for the stamp set I {Heart} Hearts which will be available in the Occasions Mini Catalog that will be released in January. Several lucky Regionals attendees won this stamp set as a door prize.
Here are some projects that Shelli shared with us that she made to welcome home Shanna from her mission trip. She wanted something fancier than just a sign with Shanna's name written on it so she made this banner to take to the airport to welcome her home. She also created these coordinating scrapbook pages for Shanna to remember her trip.
She also created these paper flowers to give to Shanna upon her return. They will also use them to decorate the house for her welcome home party. And unlike real flowers she will be able to enjoy them for as long as she'd like.
These were also made with the Big Shot and they are attached to skewer sticks. She gave detailed directions on how these were made, so I'm sure I'll have to give them a try.


I have plenty more pictures to show, but I'm not going to overload this post, so be sure to check back for more details of my day at Regionals.

0 comments: