1.16.2009

H heart J

Here’s a great example for you of what to do when you need a Valentine’s Day card and have no Valentine themed stamps. Over on Shelli Gardner’s blog the Creative Challenge this month is Valentine’s cards. Well, I’ve kind of been slacking on working on challenges due to my lack of supplies and space, but I thought I’d give this one a go. I could’ve possibly used Crab & Co. for my card, but if you recall I used it to make an anniversary card for my hubby (not to mention he saw all those Christmas cards) so I thought he might like to see something different. So I was looking at my supplies and I realized I had some chipboard on hand, which has this handy dandy heart shape. So, I popped the heart shape out and colored it with my Real Red marker. I let it dry, then smeared some Mono Multi glue all over the top and covered it with Dazzling Diamonds. While it dried I found a scrap of Real Red and stamped it with my Classic Stripes background stamp in Real Red and tied some hemp twine around it. I then found a scrap of Bashful Blue and stamped mine and hubby’s first initials on it in Chocolate Chip using Big Deal Alphabet leaving enough room to put my chipboard heart in. Once the glitter was dry I added the heart. I then assembled my card. I used a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock for the card, added my Real Red layer and adhered my Bashful Blue layer with Stampin’ Dimensionals. And that’s how you make a manly, untraditional Valentine’s card. Now hopefully my hubby doesn’t decide to peek in on the blog and ruin the surprise.

1 comments:

Cassie said...

oh - i bet he'll love it! i love this color combo; i would've never thought to put that blue with the red and chocolate!