1.29.2009

Sympathy Butterfly

This is one of those cards that you never want to have to make, but unfortunately life happens and sympathy cards are needed. With my limited supplies I felt that Garden Whimsy provided the most appropriate stamps for the card. I think butterflies are a beautiful symbol of remembrance. I stamped the butterfly with So Saffron on Whisper White and punched it out with my 1 3/8” Circle Punch. I then punched a 1 3/8” Circle in a scrap of Rose Red and then punched it out with my Scallop Circle Punch. I then found a scrap of So Saffron Prints DSP and distressed the edges with my distressing tool from the Cutter Kit. I then adhered my butterfly circle to it and adhered the Scallop Circle over it with Stampin’ Dimensionals. I then took a scrap of Old Olive and stamped the grass image from Inspired by Nature in Old Olive. I wrapped a piece of Old Olive ¼” Grosgrain Ribbon around it and adhered the So Saffron square to it. Lastly I adhered the Old Olive layer to a Basic Gray card.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty card!! :) TFS!!

BTW: Your link to get to the big catty doesn't seem to be working for me. Thought I'd let you know.