2.23.2008

Wegeforth Bowl

What is one to do when avoiding housework? Scrapbook of course. That's exactly what I did today. I am so close to finishing my San Diego scrapbook and I really just want to complete it so I can really enjoy the book. Oh, and I have new pictures I want to scrap. So here is one of the two pages I did today. The pictures are from one of the shows at the San Diego Zoo. It's the sea lion show that takes place in Wegeforth Bowl. The sketch was inspired by a Becky Higgins sketch in her new book, The Best of Becky Higgins' Sketches. I love browsing this book. Her sketches are wonderful and practical.

I started with a Chocolate Chip base. I added a strip of Brilliant Blue which was stamped with one of the stamps from Background Basics. I cut strips of Very Vanilla to fit the edges of the photos and rounded the corners. I used my Basic Brown Journaler to add a caption for each of the photos. I added two Antique Brass brads to the wolf picture in the bottom corner before adding it to my page. I also added a strip of Chocolate Chip Polytwill ribbon to the owl picture before attaching it. I stamped an image from Enjoy Every Moment in Old Olive on Very Vanilla and punched it with my 1" circle. I mounted that on a 1 1/4" Brilliant Blue circle and a 1 3/8" Pumpkin Pie circle. I attached it with Stampin' Dimensionals. I also added a Pumpkin Pie Flower Fusion felt flower to a 5-Petal Flower punch in Old Olive using an Antique Brass brad and mounted it to my page with Stampin' Dimensionals. I stamped my title with Rough Edges Alphabet and journaled with my Basic Brown Journaler. I added a strip of Old Olive Polytwill ribbon and two strips of Brilliant Blue cardstock. I think that's about it. I hope you like it!

2 comments:

Maren said...

Thanks for avoiding housework and sharing this great layout!!

Sandy said...

Oh wow this is perfect layout. Love the details.