9.15.2007

Happy Saturday

Here's a little lesson I learned this fine Saturday. I was down in my stampin' space, just plugging away on my Christmas cards (i.e. mass production stamping), while watching my Boilermakers earn their 3rd win of the season. Now, this is the first Saturday I've gotten to watch my beloved team play as the first weekend of football we were at the lake house (with no TV) although my in-laws' house wasn't too far away and they have Big 10 Network. Last weekend we were driving through West Lafayette while the game was going on. By the time we got to my mom's house the game was in rain delay and we had to get ready for a wedding. So today I got to watch my team. And since I love to multitask I had to stamp while doing so. I finally finished watercoloring all my snowmen, so I was gluing them down then I had to stamp the sentiments. After about 4 or so sentiments stamped (using the Stamp-a-ma-jig) there was a great play in the game and I stamped my sentiment upside down. Doh! About 2 or 3 cards later, I did it again. It goes to show, I cannot stamp and watch football at the same time.

OK, moving on. I also worked on some gifts today. I found these Making Memories letters on clearance at Target for $0.74. They only had the letters F, T, and X. I just so happen to have a niece and nephew with the first initial of F and T respectively. How could I pass them up. I altered them today.



For Faith's letter I used this really cute DCWV paper that I've had for quite some time and never got around to using. I love the colors of the stripes and I thought it would be fun for a 5 year old. And I know she loves penguins so she got a Tempting Turquoise one to match the striped paper. I didn't really want the penguin where I put it, but I accidentally ripped the paper there, so this was my attempt to fix my boo-boo. I also added the chocolate grosgrain ribbon, and the whisper white grosgrain ribbon to perk it up a bit.






For Taj's letter I used some retired Stampin' Up! DSP. I wasn't too thrilled with it after I glued it down, but I was kind of stuck with it. I originally was going to put a Bashful Blue elephant on it, but I didn't like the blues together. Instead he got a Chocolate Chip lion. And to make it "manly" I put some chocolate grosgrain and hemp twine.


I used the 1 3/8" circle punch and the 1 1/4" circle punch on both to cut the animals out. The animals are from the set Wild About You.

I hope you like these. And Becky if you're reading this, be expecting these items in the mail some time.

0 comments: