9.25.2007

Another Simple Share

Sometimes we have to make a card for reasons that we'd rather not. Unfortunately today was one of those days for me. One of my sorority sister's husbands passed away on Sunday. I can't attend the funeral so I will be sending this card out. I think in situations like these simple is best. You don't want to lay it on thick. You don't want to use bright colors and you definitely don't want to get all fancy with glitter and ribbon and brads and eyelets, etc, etc.

I don't have the markers, so I eyeballed it with my ink pad to only ink the flower petals in Perfect Plum and the stem in Mellow Moss. I find the easiest way to do this is use the corners of your ink pad. I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig for the two step stampin' (flower outline) to make sure it lined up with the flower. I then took an oval negative and lined it up over the flower in the center of the card. I sponged the Pale Plum into the oval. I then stamped heartfelt across the bottom. Punched the corners of the white cardstock out with the ticket corner punch and mounted it on my Perfect Plum card base. Simply beautiful if I do say so myself.

Recipe
Stamps: Heartfelt Thanks
Ink: Perfect Plum, Mellow Moss, Pale Plum, Jet Black StazOn
Paper: Perfect Plum, Whisper White
Accessories: Ticket Corner Punch, Stampin' Sponges, Stamp-a-ma-jig

0 comments: