9.10.2007

Functional stamping

Whenever Oscar wants to go out I'm always looking everywhere for his leash so I decided we needed a hook for it. I was at the Flower Factory the other day so I headed to the unfinished wood section and found a cute round hook. I painted it with acrylic paints. The first layer is sage green (to match the furniture) and then I did an ivory crackle layer. After I was dry I stamped on it using StazOn. There isn't an apostrophe in the stamp set, so I inked up the tail of the lower cased Y and used that as my apostrophe. It's now hanging on the wall next to the back door. I used it last night and it was nice knowing right where the leash was and not having to look everywhere in the kitchen and living room.

Recipe
Stamps: Short Order Alphabet, non-SU! paw print
Ink: Jet Black StazOn

1 comments:

Corie said...

I love this -- great project. I am sure there are MANY of us out here that need to do this!!