7.06.2007

Scrap candy

Today's topic of conversation, incorporating stamping into your scrapbooks. There's a few ways to do this. Today I will focus on making accent pieces. Here is some scrap candy I made the other night. All these pieces are on dimensionals and can go straight from the bag to your scrapbook page. These are great for accenting your pictures or as the little something in that blank spot on your page.

Starting in the top left I used the Tag Punch on the piece of gable green. I then took some Basic Black and used the Word Window punch to make the hanger. I attached the hanger with SNAIL and then put a silver brad on it. I stamped the paisley from Polka Dots and Paisleys on Whisper White with Jet Black StazOn. I watercolored in in Pink Passion using a blender pen and picking up ink from the lid of my ink pad. I cut out the paisley and attached it to the corner of the tag. One accent done.

The top right piece is just a rectangle of Gable Green layered it on a piece of Basic Black. I stamped the circles image from Tagger's Dozen onto a piece of Pink Passion and punched it with the 1 1/4" circle punch and adhered it to the rectangle.

The bottom left is my favorite one. I made a faux tag by punching a piece of Whisper White with the 1 1/4" circle punch and layering it on Basic Black punched with the 1 3/8" circle punch. I stamped the word adorable from Warm Words on a piece of Gable Green and stamped the flower image from Tagger's Dozen in Pink Passion on Whisper White and cut it out. I layered all the pieces on each other and punch a hole in the top and threaded the Basic Black grosgrain ribbon through and tied a knot.

The last accent piece was really easy. I stamped the background flower from Polka Dots & Petals in Gable Green on Whisper White, then stamped the bolder flower in Gable Green, then again in Pink Passion. I punched it with my 1 1/4" circle punch and layered it on a piece of Pink Passion cut from the 1 3/8" circle punch. I again attached a silver brad in the center.

All the pieces are on a piece of wax paper so when you're ready to use them they come right off.

1 comments:

maggie fellow said...

I love the whole idea of this. very pretty. thanks for sharing,
maggie fellow