11.09.2008

Evan's Monkey Birthday

I'm going to my nephew's first birthday party today. Since Evan's mom is a big fan of monkeys it was obvious which stamp set I had to use for Evan's birthday card. I started with my piece of Whisper White and stamped the birthday hat. Using a mask I stamped my Sock Monkey "under" the hat. I then added the flag to the monkey's hand. I colored all the bits in with watercolor pencils and used my blender pen to clean up the pencil marks. I then stamped the "E" on the flag with Brilliant Blue. I layered the piece of Whisper White onto a piece of Close to Cocoa. I adhered a strip of Real Red Patterns DSP and added the monkey on top. I Spiral punched down the side of my card and added a little piece of hemp twine to finish off my card. Oh, wait, to finish off my card I stamped my birthday sentiment from Hugs & Wishes in the inside. Happy 1st Birthday, Evan!!!

1 comments:

Cassie said...

i love the way you used that spiral punch on just part of the edge!!