11.21.2008

Baby Monkey

This is the card that accompanied a baby gift that I recently gave to a friend who had a darling little boy. I was excited to use Sock Monkey Accessories as I really haven't broken them out too much except for the pumpkin. I stamped the rattle on a piece of Whisper White in Jet Black StazOn, then masked it and stamped the Sock Monkey over it. I colored the monkey in using my Chocolate Chip marker. I then colored in his mouth with my Pixie Pink ink pad and blender pen. The rattle was colored with Bashful Blue and Certainly Celery inks and a blender pen. I also colored over the Sock Monkey's eyes with my Signo white gel pen an added a little dot of black with my Basic Black Stampin' Write marker. I layered my monkey on a piece of Certainly Celery cardstock. I added two strips of Chocolate Chip across my Bashful Blue card and adhered the monkey on top. I punched the upper corner with my Spiral punch and added a little piece of Chocolate Chip Polytwill ribbon. I stamped my sentiment from Short & Sweet. I also stamped the rattle on the envelope and colored it in. Momma loved it of course.

0 comments: