10.09.2008

Creepy Crawly

This cute little guy was my box for the Chinese Raffle at the Quarter Auction on Tuesday. It held a Small Star Punch, which was the raffle item. This box was so easy to make! I started with a piece of Basic Gray 12" x 12" cardstock. I cut a 4" x 4" square out of each corner, then scored each of the leftover "flaps" and folded them up. I used my Scallop Edge punch across the top of each piece and punched a hole in each corner to thread my Black Gingham ribbon through. I took a strip of Only Orange and scalloped one edge. I then added two of the strips that were left over from the scallops on the box. I added it to the front of my box. I stamped the spider from Batty for You in Basic Gray on Whisper White and punched it with the 1 3/8" Circle Punch. I mounted it on a Basic Black Scallop Circle. I added the dots to the scallops with my White Signo Gel Pen and added the scallop to my box. To finish it off I added some white tissue paper to the inside of the box and some Only Orange strips of paper that I ran through my crimper. Lastly, I placed the punch for the auction inside. This came together so quick and turned out so cute. I think the punch was much better received in this little box than it would have been by itself, therefore resulting in more raffle entries (which is good since the money went to charity).

2 comments:

Cassie said...

cute box!! i love all the little treat boxs and such that you've posted! i hope the auction was a huge success!

Anonymous said...

What a darling treat box!! Love the halloween sweets!! ;) TFS!