1.09.2010

Waiting....


...is the hardest part. I am waiting for my new stamp set. I only ordered one stamp set, but knowing that the order is in and I don't have it yet makes it hard to use what I have. So to get my hind end moving I decided to take a look at the challenges over on SCS. This week's technique challenge was paper quilting. I've only done quilting once before that I recall so I figured it was time to try it again. I laid my "quilt" on a scrap of cardstock and then ran it through the Big Shot and then began assembling my card. I used markers to color my stamps and my Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up my sentiment. The stamped layers were adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals. I have a tendency to shy away from using Designer Series Paper on my cards (I'm afraid it makes them too busy), but this was a great way to get out of my box and I'm happy with the way it turned out!

Supplies
Stamps: Cheep Talk
Ink: Brilliant Blue, Summer Sun, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Markers
Paper: Brilliant Blue, Old Olive, Whisper White, Good Morning Sunshine DSP
Accessories: Whisper White 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, Stamp-a-ma-jig

0 comments: