12.02.2007

Now I'm in the Christmas Spirit

I've been making Christmas cards for months now. It seemed weird, especially in July. But now that Thankgiving is past and the Christmas decorations are up it ain't so bad. So this morning I made these blocks. They are 2x2 blocks decorated with Dashing DSP. This is one set of blocks, that are reversible. You can have them say Peace or Joy. I painted the blocks with Ivory acrylic paint, stamped my letters using Short Order Alphabet on Dashing DSP. I punched the letters out with my 1 3/8" square punch and adhered them to the blocks with Modge Podge. I added more squares of paper and cardstock around the remaining sides of the block. I stamped a snowflake from The Snowflake Spot to add a little fun when you're displaying Joy. For a finishing touch, I added some Very Vanilla grosgrain ribbon on the first block. These would look so cute displayed on a fireplace mantel. If you can picture these on your mantel head over to my store 'cause they're for sale.

5 comments:

kathy said...

Just wanted to pop in and say welcome to a fellow Sister...Great blog you have here

Lynn said...

Cute blocks!

Dawn♥ said...

Love the blocks. Great project to decorate your mantle with! Thanks for the cute ideas!

Teresa said...

Hello Stopping in to say hello. I love the blocks!

Anonymous said...

I have some blocks just waiting to be decorated. Thanks for the inspiration, these are so pretty.