3.25.2007

Spring is Here!!!

It's a beautiful day. And a Sunday, which usually means I'm good for some blogging. It seems like the rest of the week just gets the best of me and I really only have time to blog on Sundays. Anywho, on SCS this weekend was VSN (Virtual Stamp Night). I had no idea it was this weekend and I wasn't prepared for it, but I ended up participating a bit on Friday night. It was a lot of fun. Every hour a challenge is posted and you have 45 minutes to complete the challenge. There were 5 challenges on Friday and several more on Saturday. I only had time/supplies to participate in 4 challenges on Friday. The first challenge was emboss resist. Basically you emboss an image using clear embossing powder. When it is dry you color the rest of your cardstock and the embossing will resist the color from the ink and your image will show through. This is really easy to do. Here's my sample.

I started with a piece of Pale Plum and using Versamark I stamped the large flower from Looks Like Spring and embossed with clear embossing powder. I then brayered Perfect Plum ink over it and wiped the excess off my embossed image. I layered it on a piece of Pale Plum, placed that on a piece of Perfect Plum, stamped my sentiment in Perfect Plum and added the white grosgrain ribbon.


I'll share one more with you tonight. I'll save the other two for another day. This one was a lot of fun as the theme was tie-dye. This used the wax paper resist technique. You start with a piece of glossy cardstock cut to the desired size. For my card I stamped the main images with Jet Black StazOn with the retired set Groovy. Then take a piece of wax paper and fold it and crinkle it. Place a piece of scrap paper under your cardstock. Lay your cardstock face up and the wax paper on top. Then another piece of scrap paper on top. You then iron your paper sandwich on a dry setting, melting the wax paper onto the glossy. I then stippled the Yo-Yo Yellow, Real Red, and Brilliant Blue on my piece of glossy card stock and wiped off the excess and mounted it on my card base. Viola, a tie-dyed card.

0 comments: