11.26.2006

My post-Thanksgiving post

I survived the holiday and am back home. Somehow I managed to find time to stamp today even though I had 7 loads of laundry and it was so nice out so we had to put our Christmas lights up and all the other unpacking. I decided that even though it's over a month away I would make my mom a birthday card. I knocked out two new techniques in one. I made it a shaker card and did some faux stitching. I ran into two snags, though. My beads were a little fat for the thickness of my mounting tape, so they don't flow very well. They kind of get stuck. I also don't have a template for paper piercing, so it took two attempts to get the piercing sort of straight. All in all I'm happy with it. Oh, and I didn't have any acetate or transparency sheets so I used a piece of clear window from a pizza box. I'm environmentally conscious and cheap ;o) Well, take a look and let me know what you think.

0 comments: