2.19.2009

Rusty Mustard Tree Flower

When I saw Kristina's color challenge this week I knew I had to participate! I love these colors. The colors are More Mustard, Really Rust, Kiwi Kiss (I used Old Olive) and Whisper White. The hardest part was deciding what stamp set I wanted to use. I wanted a flower card, but wasn't in the mood for Garden Whimsy. So I improvised.
I decided to use the tall tree from Trendy Trees as a flower petal. I stamped 4 Really Rust and 4 More Mustard "tree tops" on Whisper White and cut them out. I then stamped the swirly tree top in More Mustard and punched it out with my 1" Circle Punch. I found a scrap of More Mustard cardstock and adhered a strip of Old Olive 1/4" Grosgrain ribbon to it with glue dots. including the "leaves." I then adhered the More Mustard "tree tops" and the Really Rust "tree tops" on top. I then added my flower center using Stampin' Dimensionals. I adhered a strip of Old Olive cardstock to the bottom of my card and adhered my piece of More Mustard on top. So there you have it, a Rusty Mustard Tree Flower. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute idea with the trees Heather!

Kelly said...

How creative! I love how you used this stamp set. Great job on Kristina's challenge!

HUGS!
Kelly

Tracy said...

I love your innovative way to use Trendy Trees!! At first I didn't even recognize it. :)